A little while ago I was at Silverprint buying some paper and saw rolls of ADOX Colo(u)r Implosion film on the counter.
I did a little experiment with my Ricoh GR with pictures of moving water at various speeds, which might be of interest and use to people, so hey here are the results.
I find myself having to defend my position of using1 film cameras a lot less frequently than I used to.
One of the features that gets used by both film and digital advocates to promote their argument for their preferred medium is the limitation of the number of shots on a roll.
I expect that better writers and philosophers than me have explored what it is that photography teaches us about perception. Certainly it is teaching me that light is not perception.
Yesterday I developed some cheap ISO200 Agfa colour film from Poundland – unsurprisingly, £1 a roll – in B&W chemicals.
I have occasionally heard about “stand development”, which appeared to be, instead of using a concentrated solution of film developer for a short period of time (agitating frequently), using a diluted solution of a film developer and letting it sit there for a long period of time.
I decided that there was no point not trying to fix my Trip 35 with the focussing problem, but knowing that I don’t have the best record when it comes to disassembling cameras, I also decided to use the least invasive method possible.